Sunday, November 11, 2012

Photos from POV

We have had crazy success with People of Vermont so far! Already, 71 people have liked the page, and we've only done one day of photos! Jan-Luis and I are so excited to keep it going! I know most of you have seen the page, but I just wanted to share some of my favorite photos here.

This girl was just absolutely wonderful. I don't think she stopped smiling the entire time we were talking to her. We had been watching her for a few minutes beforehand (we were all in a crowd of people watching a street performer) and we kept gushing over her jacket and skirt. Finally, we walked over and asked her for her photo. She was just so instantly happy and willing to be a model for a few minutes. It was joyous.
 This woman, Camille, is definitely one of the most fabulous women I have ever met. She was so ready for her photograph to be taken, but she wasn't overly cocky. When we asked for a shot of her, she whipped out her sunglasses and pulled a pose. She was so friendly and excited.
 This photo took some work. We were walking past an alleyway and could see them skating on a wheelchair ramp. Jan-Luis didn't want to approach them at first because they looked intimidating (which they did). However, Erica and I pushed him and he (warily) asked for their photo. They, too, were immediately excited. We got a few good action shots, but the group photo had the best group dynamic. It really shows their personalities. I love how they completely defied the stereotype. 
Kathleen is definitely my favorite person we have photographed so far. She was so spirited and absolutely filled with joy. She had no hesitation to tell us her stories and interact with us. She was insanely inspirational. Before she walked away (to talk to a street musician), she bowed to us and said "It's good to meet old friends for the first time."
If I could choose anyone to run our country, it would be her.

Those are my favorites from what we managed to grab on our first day out. We got so lucky; no one said no to being photographed and put online. Burlington has some wonderful and amazing people in it, and I'm so excited to meet more of them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment